Dear UH Families,
Attached is a SignUp Genius with LOTS of needed people, food, and items for a successful Day of Service that we are launching on Monday January 21, 2019! We are hosting a DONATION DAY, collecting for several different charities in our area, and even our military men and women serving overseas!
Please find any way possible to contribute to many choices of charitable needs right here in our own community!
1. Print out the attached Word document–it acts as your checklist of things to collect this weekend and next!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD LIST:
2. We are getting geared up and focused for this important Day of Service in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. by launching a COLLECTION COMPETITION benefitting the Chester County Food Bank.
Grade levels K-5 will compete to bring in as much non-perishable RICE, PASTA, and SOUP this week. Details in the Word Doc or the SIGN UP Genius! Send your child to school this week (Jan 14-18) with rice, pasta, or soup; collection boxes will be at each Grade Level Pod.
4. BAKE SALE at the event on Jan 21: we need your baked goods and baked good BUYERS! Cash donations used for supplies and shipping costs for our military packages.
5. SignUp Genius: Sign up to volunteer on 1/21, and for specific items needed for different stations, and different duties on the attached SignUp Genius ASAP!!
6. Get cleaning! Start going through your closets, garages and basements! Charities need your goods!
Any questions, feel free to email Sue Mattei at email@example.com or 610-324-0916
Thanks for all of your help with this important project!
Sue Mattei, UH Mom